I was a print journalist for more than 20 years, writing about government, politics, education, health care, music, the arts, and personalities. For a decade after that, I was a speechwriter and directed communications for a large Northwest city.
Now I write what I want. It’s a wonderful thing.
- Beyond Argument: A Handbook for Editorial Writers (Editor, with Maura Casey)
ARTICLES AND PROJECTS
For a complete list of my recent work, check out my Authory portfolio.
- KuKu Club, Tallinn, Estonia: An underground nightclub helped spark a “Singing Revolution” (Atlas Obscura)
- A Song for Sugihara: No one is certain why a Japanese diplomat risked his life to save thousands of Jews during World War II. Eight decades later, a choir from the USA attempted to solve the mystery with music (Medium)
- Making a presentation? Here’s what Bruce Springsteen can teach you (Medium)
- Soup in Summer and a President’s Fall (Medium)
- Calendar Conflicts: As religious diversity grows on campus, so do potential conflicts between holidays and university events (INSIGHT Into Diversity)
- Marriage Equality Takes a Few More Steps Forward (Progressive Media Project)